Accounting Manager (Consolidations/GL)
Our client is seeking an Accounting Manager, Corporate, to join a world-class dynamic controllership organization within the Corporate Accounting team at the Company's headquarters in San Jose, CA. This is a critical lead position which will assist in execution of the Corporate Controllership strategy. This person would be a Certified Public Accountant who can oversee and support financial consolidation and analyses in support of our monthly, quarterly and year-end close process and provide corporate guidance to the business, regional and country controllers to monitor corporate general ledger activities, governance and compliance across the organization.
A successful Accounting Manager combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate also has experience collaborating with a team of accountants and junior accountants.
- Key lead in the global Company monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes
- Prepare and review select manual journal entries and account reconciliations, and monthly income statement and balance sheet analysis for specific accounts
- Analyze and summarize consolidated company financial statements each monthly close period
- Ensure global compliance with US GAAP and the Company's policies and procedures
- Make practical recommendations to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the monthly close process
- Apply accounting guidance to specific transactions to properly reflect in the consolidated financial statements
- Liaise with our offshored Global Finance and Business Services team on reconciliations, journal entries and monthly close process
- Assist in the gathering and reviewing of consolidated monthly, quarterly and annual financial information for internal and external reporting, audits, reviews and tax compliance
- Assist in the development and documentation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen global internal controls
- Complete and maintain process documentation and ensure SOX 404 compliance for functional area of responsibility
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Serve as an integral accounting and finance partner to the business in support of accounting and financial analyses
- Lead the Fixed Assets process with assistance from the offshored Global Finance and Business Services team
- Perform technical accounting research and draft accounting position papers as needed. Propose and help implement proper accounting procedures, in accordance with GAAP and IFRS, for areas under functional area of responsibility
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or similar).
- Minimum of 6 years of progressive experience in accounting.
- Public accounting experience with big 4 or national accounting firm.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, accounting procedures, accounting systems and SOX process.
- Oracle experience.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and PPT.
- Deadline oriented.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel as needed (<10%)