The Controller will report to the CEO and COO and will be responsible for the portfolio accounting and reporting for the Company’s 10 entities. The Controller will also be responsible for the management company accounts and transactions.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial reporting packages for our ten entities. This includes updating portfolio investment schedules, portfolio company summaries, and preparing capital account statements.
- Prepare quarterly portfolio company valuations via public market comparable analysis, 409A review, and liquidation waterfalls.
- Forecast weekly cash flows at fund level
- Assist in the preparation of and process capital calls and distributions.
- Manage the annual audit for all entities. Prepare all schedules for the audit.
- Work with CEO and COO to manage investments. Manage receipt of capitalization tables and financing documents from portfolio companies.
- Manage investor inquiries and information requests, including audit confirmations.
- Maintain fund and management company general ledgers including, but not limited to recording of expenses and journal entries in QuickBooks.
- Assist with preparation of external presentations for fundraising and the monthly investor meetings. Manage finance SharePoint data room.
- Manage all A/P and A/R and oversee the accounting team on expense reports.
- Prepare pro-forma financial statements and projected financial statements for the portfolio companies, including IRR calculations.
- Perform special projects for the Managing Partners
- 7+ years of experience in asset management
- Bachelor degree focus in Accounting
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Experience and prefers to work in a smaller company (not a big firm structure)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Software experience: QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite
- Entrepreneurial mindset – ability to prioritize tasks, work under pressure, enjoy building and growing with companies.