We envision a world where nutritious, clean, organic and healthy food and beverages are the standard rather than the exception; where all people involved in creating the product are treated with fairness; and the planet is treated harmlessly.
We are looking for a talented full-time Accounting Manager to join our dynamic accounting team in a fast-paced environment. The Accounting Manager reports directly to the Controller and will share responsibilities overseeing a team of three accountants.
We are a rapidly growing manufacturer and wholesaler of organic coconut water and probiotic beverages. As a Fair for Life Certified employer, we support a candid, educational climate with ample room for growth. We seek a driven, versatile individual to join our organization.
Accounting Manager Responsibilities
- Help build and help to manage team responsible for all aspects of accounting including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, tax, and payroll
- Help manage the accounting close on a monthly basis including but not limited to preparing and reviewing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Help implement new tools (ERP projects as well as excel projects) to aid in the accounting close on a monthly basis to increase efficiency
- Work with supply chain and sales to identify opportunities to improve processes and reduce cost
- Help to manage annual audits, filings, taxes, and corporate accounting activities
- Lead the treasury management function and reporting to the CFO on cash inflow and outflow weekly as well as reporting borrowing base calculations for a line of credit to the lender. Includes calculating and reporting covenants to leadership
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement to identify, develop, and implement process changes to increase efficiency, ensure accurate monthly reporting, and streamline accounting processes
Accounting Manager Requirements
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in Accounting or Finance
- Accounting or Finance bachelor’s degree
- Public accounting experience and CPA is a plus but not required
- Consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry experience is a plus but not required
- Highly organized, adaptable, able to flourish in fast-paced startup environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate issues in easy-to-understand business terms to key decision makers
- Strong prioritization skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong excel skills required
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary + coconut water of course!
- Stock appreciation rights and cash bonus
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Phone and commuter benefit stipend
- Convenient San Francisco location
- An entrepreneurial work environment where you can have an impact on a growing company
- A welcoming and supportive team where diversity and creativity are valued