About the Role:
– The Accounting Manager will manage the month-end close process, reporting packages and manage 2 Staff Accountants. Eventually it will own all accounts including capital leases, technical accounting issues, fixed assets, etc. There will be some systems projects and process improvement.
– They converted from Quickbooks to NetSuite last May.
– Open due to growth.
– Reports to the Senior Accounting Manager.
We are looking to hire a Corporate Accounting Manager to support the growth of the company. This position will play a key role in managing the month end close, process improvements and policy development. The role will include managing and leading a team of accountants and assisting with other areas relating to the financial close and reporting process. You will have the chance to serve as a key contributor to a high growth environment and strengthen your understanding of both operational and technical accounting processes.
• Oversee general ledger and reporting systems to ensure compliance with GAAP
• Review and prepare the monthly financial reporting package, various management reports and other analyses
• Review journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations including but not limited to internally generated software and other intangibles, deferred rent, accrued liabilities and other operating expenses
• Develop, implement and maintain key policies and procedures for your area of responsibilities
• Manage equipment leases and accounting for operating and capital leases
• Evaluate, develop, and implement accounting policies and controls
• Prepare audit schedules that may be requested by the auditors to support our annual audit
• Support for ad-hoc projects as required from time to time
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelor's degree with a major or in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting emphasis, and a CPA Certification
• 6+ years of work experience, with at least 3 years of big four public accounting experience. Additional GL experience is preferred
• Excellent technical accounting skills with a detailed understanding of current GAAP standards
• Thorough, detail-oriented, highly organized, and performs effective self-reviews
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to lead projects
• We are remaking the future of consumer goods and want you to join us.