Accounts Receivable Accountant
Job Description: .
AR Accountant Position
- Work with other employees to determine how to resolve AR issues and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Send AR Payment Status requests and contact customers as needed.
- Run reports in NetSuite (e.g. AR Aging, GL details).
- Prepare AR reconciliation to AR Aging Report.
- Prepare AR Journal entries and other entries in NetSuite.
- Process invoices to customers.
- Research unidentified ACH/Wire payments from customers.
- Prepare any AR related information requests during annual or other audits.
- Suggest improvements to any processes, discuss with Accounting Manager and/or Controller.
- Handle other Accounting issues, reports, entries, and reconciliations as needed.
- Create and maintain standard credit check procedures for new customers.
- Determine any potential bad debt quarterly for accruals.
- Maintain collections procedure documentation.
The ideal candidate qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business.
- Three or more years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of subscription based software a plus.
- Strong accounting and financial statement knowledge.
- Excellent phone and written communication skills.
- Ability to use logic and work with staff to solve problems.
- Strong computer software skills – advanced Excel experience and NetSuite a plus.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Extended work hours may be required, especially for critical deadlines.