Branch Controller (Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager)
Our client is seeking an experienced Branch Controller for its Bay Area operations based in Alameda, CA. This individual will be held responsible for all aspects of budgeting, ledger review, labor control and monthly managers’ reports for Interior construction projects.
- Develop annual budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Prepare and communicate results of variance analysis.
- Review monthly General Ledger, Trial Balance, and Branch Income Statements.
- Ensure accuracy of Inventory Status and Fixed Assets.
- Work with branch personnel on monthly project analysis reports and manager’s reports.
- Manage branch administrative staff, functions and responsibilities.
- Participate in the interviewing, hiring and training process for branch administration personnel.
- Labor Control:
- Review project set-up compliance with Engineers and Estimators.
- Attend pre-job meetings
- Audit Labor Control for compliance with branch
- Participate in monthly job walks with Branch Manager
- Work with Labor Control specialists as branch liaison for problems, grading criteria, and incentive program
- Attend and participate in branch meetings including staff meetings, CIP meetings, pre-job set-up meetings and progress meetings (25%, 50%, 75%, project review meetings)
- Maintain contracts in Progress sub ledger.
- Ensure all projects are correctly billed by contract terms and conditions monthly.
- Reconcile contract amounts and verify actual estimated projected costs.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- 5-10 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Experience in the construction industry preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and an ability to learn new industry/company specific systems.
- Superb oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in team environment
- Customer service skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Travel, as required