CONFIDENTIAL Revenue Manager/Senior Manager
Act as the principal thought and execution leader for our client’s revenue accounting function. You will be engaging with our operational, FP&A, legal, and general accounting teams in a highly interactive role. This position will be responsible for producing and reviewing our monthly revenue entries for all of our product lines as well as assisting with internal and external reporting needs. A key component of this position will be leading our efforts around automating and streamlining our revenue accounting process and building an accurate and nimble recognition system.
- Lead the revenue recognition process for all product lines, ensuring revenue and commissions are recognized in accordance with US GAAP and the Company’s accounting policies;
- Participate in the financial statement close process by preparing and/or reviewing journal entries, reconciliations or other analytics as requested and required;
- Maintain, design, and implement controls as appropriate; conduct accounting and systems process reviews with auditors;
- Partner cross functionally in designing an adaptable, automated revenue accounting system in order to achieve scalability;
- Identify and implement process and computational best practices for revenue recognition;
- Liaise with operational teams to track, validate, record, and accelerate cash receipt timing;
- Support revenue related internal (SOX) and external audit inquiries including preparation of support narratives and memos;
- Identify custom and/or unique clauses and commitments in material contracts and build accounting controls to ensure appropriate recognition under US GAAP;
- Actively recruit for and train a revenue and A/R accounting team.
- CPA and Big 4 public accounting experience strongly preferred;
- Extensive knowledge of revenue accounting concepts under ASC 606;
- Experience with applications such as Blackline, Great Plains, Tableau, and Office products;
- Familiarity working with, summarizing, and manipulating large data sets;
- Excellent project management, communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.