We are currently seeking a corporate controller who is interested in diving into a rapidly-growing organization and will help the Head of Finance build out the finance and accounting team. This person will report to the Head of Finance and ensure that the Company has the systems, policies and procedures in place to support an efficient month-end close process, lead the evolution and on-going management of a complex billing and receivables process, and work with our external auditors and regulators in conducting periodic audits. The Controller will work closely with all other departments in the organization and focus on leading the team in rapid scaling of the business. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements to provide value-added input to the internal/external financial reviews and the Board of Directors’ meeting.
- Oversee accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll functions of the Company.
- Ensure the Company is in compliance with all internal policies and relevant regulations and ensure filings are completed in a timely manner.
- Manage fixed assets, tax filings, cost accounting, cash and bank management, internal controls documentation.
- Lead annual audits to comply with US GAAP and IFRS.
- Review material legal contracts from end-to-end.
- Support system implementation.
- Oversee the continuous improvement of Accounting and Financial Processes and the development of the team with the goal to achieve best practices and optimal output.
- Develop and oversee accounting policies and procedures to meet both current and future business models.
- Required B.S. in Business concentrating in Accounting, MBA and/or CPA.
- Experience with strategy development, process improvement and implementation.
- Ability to lead complex projects through to an endpoint.
- Able to coach and develop others. Exceptional interpersonal skills, a collaborative style, a team spirit and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Experience with IPO – SOX compliance, timeline management, public company and private accounting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; experience with QuickBooks and/or other Accounting ERP software.
- Sound knowledge of compliance with GAAP.
- ERP data migration experience.
- Desired, but not required international business knowledge in foreign VAT, transfer pricing, foreign bank establishments and stock equity management.
- Desired, but not required IFRS experience.