Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will direct the accounting function, maintaining financial accounting records, establishing key financial operational and reporting processes, controls and procedures, and prepare and disseminate all financial and related reports. It will also coordinate, administer and control all aspects of the Company's tax, insurance and other reports required by governmental regulation. Directs all aspects of accounting operations overseeing the ongoing development and enhancement of the financial accounting systems required to maintain operational finance. Hires, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the accounting function.
Financial Statement Preparation & Analysis
• Oversees close on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Prepares all related financial reports, including those required by the SEC if and when the Company completes a successful public offering.
• Primary contact for external auditors, insurance brokers and tax advisors.
• Supports the CFO during and financings, including any that lead to a public offering.
• Works with the FP&A team to analyze and communicate financial performance to executive and other management and the Board of Directors.
• Performs, reviews and communicates a variety of analyses, such as ratio performance, business unit reporting, budget variances and other ad hoc projects.
• Supports the CFO on ad-hoc financial and accounting projects as requested.
Managerial & Advisory Responsibilities
• Is overall responsible for the general ledger, tax compliance, treasury, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, equity and technical accounting functions within the Company.
• Owns and manages the day-to-day activities of the accounting team.
• Oversees and assist in the creation of process documentation for all key financial processes.
• Leads the Company’s 404 compliance efforts in the case that the Company becomes publicly traded.
• Develops financial IT systems.
• Provides advisory services to other VP’s and Directors as needed.
• Reviews and advises in the negotiation of customer terms and conditions as it relates to revenue recognition.
• Reviews revenue recognition and other critical accounting transactions as governed by international accounting standards.
• Oversees the payment of vendors and employees.
• Oversees the management of the entities cash balances and works with the external investment advisors.
• Is a member of the Company’s 401K oversight Committee and works with other Committee members to offer employees a range of attractive investment options for their 401K plans.
• Other duties may be assigned as appropriate given the evolving facts and circumstances of the Company.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Ten years minimum work experience in a professional financial or accounting position including at least five years of management experience.
• Deep US GAAP technical knowledge most likely obtained through at least 8 years of employment at a “Big 4” Audit firm.
• Experience supporting international growth with knowledge of tax & entity formation.
• Working knowledge of an ERP system.
• Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel skills.
• Intermediate MS Word and PowerPoint skills.
• Exposure to annual corporate income tax reporting.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.