Corporate Finance Manager
Are you looking to join one of the fastest growing software companies in the Bay Area? Our Search & AI-Driven analytics platform is disrupting the BI industry by making analytics 1000x faster and easier for non-technical business people.
Our growing Finance team is looking for a smart, high-energy, driven, fast track professional for a Corporate Finance Manager role to help build the company’s finance function.
The ideal candidate will have corporate finance/FP&A experience, with a foundational skill-set in investment banking or private equity. The selected professional will report to the VP, FP&A and oversee modeling, board packages, budget preparation, business case rationalization and strategic planning, develop forecasts and provide decision support on all finance matters.
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference at the ground level of a global, pre-IPO, tech company. Reporting to the Company’s VP of FP&A and based at ThoughtSpot’s global headquarters in Silicon Valley, this newly-created position will play a critical role supporting the Company’s continued track record of strong revenue growth as the company prepares for an IPO.
- Develop financial planning and modeling tools to support & capture key drivers and insights
- Develop, manage and compile budgets and forecasts
- Drive in-depth OPEX analyses to highlight potential risks or significant opportunities
- Create business models for new products, pricing, initiatives, markets, channels and / or locations
- Present budget and forecast variance analysis as part of the monthly reporting cycle
- Business partner with stakeholders around the globe
- Create reporting and analyses for the executive committee and board of directors’ meetings
- Manage Cash Flow and Balance Sheet forecasting by developing & maintaining models and coordinating inputs with key individuals across departments
- Perform and enhance established and ad hoc financial analysis such as reporting on key metrics, performing ROI analysis on investments, benchmarking vs. competitors, benchmarking spending and other items, analyzing potential strategic partnerships and/or acquisitions
- Assist with special projects for the Executive team as needed
- 5-7+ years of work experience in corporate finance for high growth technology companies, preferably enterprise software, services or SaaS businesses plus prior investment banking experience
- BA / BS degree with a strong academic record
- Knowledge of economic and financial modeling and accounting required
- Extensive knowledge and expert use of Excel and PowerPoint. Proficiency in financial modeling systems such as Adaptive Insights is a plus
- Detail oriented, highly motivated and an analytical thinker who understands the bigger picture
- Demonstrated ability to be hands on as well as strategic
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, along with a very strong attention to detail
- Commitment to high standards, customer service, integrity and ethics
- Strong knowledge of finance concepts and valuations, etc.
- Experience with NetSuite and building reports in NetSuite
- Experience selecting and implementing decision support/reporting systems, procurement and/or BI/CRM systems is a plus