Director of Accounting (Assistant Controller)
We are seeking an experienced Director, Accounting to be part of our Finance Team.
This position represents a unique opportunity to join a dynamic organization in a high visibility senior finance role.
The Director, Accounting will provide leadership over the month end close, reporting and internal control processes. This person must be a strong people manager, possessing a passion for accounting excellence, transparency, operating efficiency and continuous process improvement.
- Own the end-to-end accounting processes to consistently generate reliably accurate financial reporting packages for a multi-entity business having a complex organization structure
- Review and approve journal entries, ensuring they are accurately prepared and properly supported
- Operate an effective intercompany accounting process which results in proper month end reconciliations and timely settlement of recorded balances
- Maintain and enhance an appropriate system of internal controls over the accounting and reporting process
- Prepare timely and insightful balance sheet and P&L reviews, including monthly flux analyses
- Lead the preparation of statutory financial statements for >20 legal entities in a number of legal jurisdictions, ensuring that both the primary financial statements and the related footnote disclosures comply with IFRS and local regulations
- Support the year-end audit and quarterly review processes, providing timely responses to the independent auditors
- Effectively communicate with senior management and Parent Company accounting and finance teams
- Educate and develop the accounting team members
- Where applicable, support the tax team with information to satisfy tax compliance and reporting requirements
- Propose, lead and/or assist with other special projects, taking initiative and ownership for project design and delivery
- More than 10 years of relevant experience, including experience as a manager or senior manager at a Big 4 public accounting firm. CPA possessing a strong knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Industry experience in private equity, investment management, or a public company having a sizeable investment portfolio is strongly preferred
- Hands on experience with an ERP system is strongly preferred
- Strong inter-personal skills to interact confidently with accounting team members, senior management, and other internal functions as well as outside service providers
- Strong oral and written communication skills with attention to detail are required
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, demanding and dynamic entrepreneurial environment
- Strong MS PowerPoint and MS Excel skills required.