Director of Business Operations (possible Senior Dir/VP)
We are looking to hire a top-notch Director of Business Operations to join our growing team, reporting to the CFO. You will bring thought leadership and business partnering to senior executives in the organization. This leader will drive value with a particular focus on leading the Company’s Business Operations function, supporting a wide range of strategic initiatives, and decision-making of the company. You’ll have the business maturity to set ambitious goals and the intellectual horsepower to derive deep, data-driven insights that will help us realize those goals.
- Own and develop tracking, refinement and reporting of key business metrics and develop a structure in our ability to report and explain the business. Manage performance towards KPI targets and provide thought leadership on how to improve operations
- Preemptively identify business intelligence interests and establish visibility through metrics and analysis. Go "deep" into the analytics/data to uncover the key trends/insights and develop action-oriented recommendation to drive profitable growth
- Understand our customer base to identify and model new directions for growth across all businesses including Commerce, Subscription and Media. Partner with key stakeholders by leading strategic projects that derive business insight and intelligence
- Lead the efforts to scale our processes to support a fast-growing complex business.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Analytics or related field. MBA strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive experience and demonstrated growth in Business Operations roles.
- Experience in both large, well-run public companies and smaller, high-growth companies is desired.
- Investment banking and consulting background are plus.
- Strong analytical skills, efficient, self-motivated with the ability to follow through and implement process improvement.
- Organized and detail-oriented; Ability to work in situations with changing priorities and multiple simultaneous assignments.
- Effective Communication skills: strong interpersonal skills with ability to maintain a professional and collaborative relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Strong/Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Basic understanding of GAAP accounting principles