Director of Engineering and Product Finance
The Director of Engineering and Product Finance is responsible for partnering with the Engineering and Product leadership team in developing plans, forecasts and metrics that will ensure we meet our growth objectives. This role requires an extremely seasoned finance professional who will act like a CFO supporting a wide range of strategic analysis, decision-making, and management reporting for the Engineering and Product business. This role will be dotted line to the Engineering and Product business. This role will help the Product GMs in charge of each Vertical to start looking at their business from a P&L perspective. This individual must be highly analytical, process orientation, excellent communications/collaboration skills and a proven track record of synthesizing and simplifying complex issues. The individual’s communication and presentation skills must scale from executive level to individual contributor and he/she must be able to deal with the ambiguity associated with a hyper-growth environment. This role will be an individual contributor.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product leadership, to develop the Plans and forecasts in support of meeting their financial objectives
- Perform budget/forecast vs actuals and flux analysis
- Provide pro-active engagement in working with the business to make trade-offs; provide objective analytics, reporting and insights
- Create Product P&Ls for each GM, including tracking relevant metrics to determine model economics (e.g., CAC, net $ retention)
- Model engineering scenario planning, including economic trade-offs for resourcing between low cost and high cost countries
- Manage engineering and product financial KPI’s/dashboards
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.S. required, preferably in Accounting or Finance. MBA or advanced degree in finance preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in finance related field
- SaaS experience with an excellent understanding of SaaS business metrics and models
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and finance principles
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Strong business partnering ability.
- Presentation of ideas and information in a concise, well organized manner
- Effectively work and collaborative within and across teams
- Identification of business needs and proposed effective solutions
- Strong executive presence and business acumen. Ability to work directly with senior business leaders.
- High performance standards with high ethical values; passion for excellence and continuous improvement
- Previous experience in a company with different verticals
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritizes appropriately and is flexible
- Excellent modeling skills; highly proficient in excel
- Familiar with Salesforce.com, Netsuite and Adaptive Insights experience a plus