Director of Finance
We are a fast growing and well backed tech startup in San Fransciso.
We are seeking an experienced, hands-on Director of FP&A who will report to the CFO. The Director of FP&A will be responsible for all forecasting, financial planning and analysis of key performance metrics. The primary responsibilities of this role will be to maintain financial forecasts, drive operational insights with data and support financing activities.
You are self-motivated, hands-on, and strategic. In this role, you will work closely with management and build and lead the FP&A team.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators in revenue, cost of sales, operating expenses and cash flows
- Lead company planning for all short and long-term forecasting processes
- Provide deep insights into key operating metrics
- Be a trusted advisor to the CFO and senior leadership team
- Work cross functionally and support other departments
- Supervise a current team of one and recruit, train and retain additional team members
- Work closely with the accounting and other departments to drive process, data collection and reporting across the organization
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive FP&A experience, ideally with a technology company, e.g., gig economy, SaaS, or retail technology
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Experience working with private, VC-funded technology startups through various stages of growth and scale
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- Very high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to hit the ground running – a self-directed self-starter who can thrive in a hyper-growth mid-stage startup environment
- Advanced proficiency of Microsoft Excel required