Director of Sales and Marketing Finance
The Director of Sales and Marketing Finance is responsible for partnering with the Go-to-Market leadership team (Sales, Sales Consultant and Marketing) in developing plans, forecasts and metrics that will ensure we meet our growth objectives.
This role requires an extremely seasoned finance professional who will act like a CFO supporting a wide range of strategic analysis, decision-making, and management reporting for the Sales and Marketing business. This role will be dotted line to Sales and Marketing. This individual must be highly analytical, with deep SaaS business knowledge (especially Enterprise selling), process orientation, excellent communications/collaboration skills and a proven track record of synthesizing and simplifying complex issues. The individual’s communication and presentation skills must scale from executive level to individual contributor and he/she must be able to deal with the ambiguity associated with a hyper-growth environment.
- Collaborate with the S&M leadership, to develop the Plans and forecasts in support of meeting their financial objectives
- Perform budget/forecast vs actuals and flux analysis
- Provide pro-active engagement in working with the business to make trade-offs; provide objective analytics, reporting and insights
- Model selling scenario planning and CAC analyses by vertical, by geo and by segment
- Partner with Sales Ops in ensuring the Company has the right sales capacity to ensure we meet our bookings and margin objectives
- Sit in on weekly sales update calls and partner with Sales Ops to ensure the Company has an accurate bookings forecast within quarter
- Model marketing scenario planning by balancing investments in trade shows/conferences, BDRs etc to ensure the Company meets its pipeline goals at the greatest ROI
- Manage sales and marketing financial KPI’s/dashboards
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.S. required, preferably in Accounting or Finance. MBA or advanced degree in finance preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in finance related field
- SaaS experience with an excellent understanding of SaaS business metrics and models
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and finance principles
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Strong business partnering ability.
- Presentation of ideas and information in a concise, well organized manner
- Effectively work and collaborative within and across teams
- Identification of business needs and proposed effective solutions
- Strong executive presence and business acumen. Ability to work directly with senior business leaders.
- High performance standards with high ethical values; passion for excellence and continuous improvement
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritizes appropriately and is flexible
- Excellent modeling skills; highly proficient in excel
- Familiar with Salesforce.com, Netsuite and Adaptive Insights experience a plus