Director or Sr. Director of SEC and Technical Accounting
The Director of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting will prepare annual and quarterly financial statements, as well as other SEC filings. In addition, this role will be responsible for technical accounting research and will assist in internal control activities and compliance.
- Prepare quarterly and annual SEC filings on Form 10-Q and Form 10-K
- Compile financial statements (consolidated balance sheet, consolidated income statement, statement of cash flows, statement of stockholders’ equity, footnotes), management disclosures and analysis and other SEC disclosures.
- Prepare EPS calculations.
- Review assumptions used to calculate stock-based compensation.
- Review and approve XBRL tagging of financial statements under US GAAP.
- Ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with US GAAP and SEC regulations, including newly issued accounting pronouncements.
- Review disclosure checklists.
- Manage internal and external review for these documents.
- Prepare quarterly earnings release tables and assist in preparation and review of texts and scripts for earnings releases.
- Determine and manage timelines for financial statement preparation and filing and work collaboratively with various business partners to ensure such timelines are met.
- Prepare necessary documents for the company’s disclosure committee on a timely basis.
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare technical memoranda.
- Manage third-party resources when utilizing their services to assist in technical accounting research.
- Implement new accounting standards and practices.
- Recommend, implement, maintain, and communicate accounting policies, practices and procedures to ensure the integrity of the company’s financial statements.
- Prepare audit schedules and respond to auditor inquiries.
- Assist with overall company-wide SOX compliance.
- Manage and complete special projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Minimum of 10 years of recent accounting experience required, including at least five years of SEC reporting experience.
- Big 4 experience required.
- Active disclosure experience preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant designation required.
- Proficient knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- High degree of business and technical proficiency, judgment, and leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Proactive, organized, and able to take ownership of projects and deadlines.
- Composed under pressure.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills.