Finance Manager/Senior Manager
We're looking for an energetic and detail-oriented Finance Manager / Controller to support our growing world-class custom optics fabrication and optical subsystem businesses in Richmond. Our Integrated Optical Solutions (IOS) Business Unit delivers high-precision optics and opto-mechanical assemblies to the aerospace and microelectronics markets.
This position is an integral part of both the Business Unit and Finance Teams helping to build strategy, creating a management operating system to maximize organizational performance, developing staff and organizational capability, and meeting customer and shareholder commitments.
- Preparation of three year and annual operating plans, financial forecasting and reporting, variance analysis.
- Earned Value Management and compliance, Estimates at Completion (EACs), proposal support, capital/company funded requests, ROI analysis, audit/policy compliance and ah-hoc financial status review with leadership.
- Developing cost strategy, supporting cost volume activities, compiling cost / schedule / technical elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications
- Coordinating the collection and accumulation of cost from functional departments
- Researching and analyzing historical data
- Participating in should-cost and pricing reviews with management and customer representatives as a member of the contract negotiating team
- U.S. citizenship
- Minimum 7 years applicable work in Financial Management, Financial Planning and Analysis, Program Controls or related areas of finance
- Strong communication skills, along with the ability to effectively interact with multiple layers within the organization and to make recommendations for appropriate solutions
- Bachelor’s degree (Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related field) — Masters or CPA is preferred
- Excellent communication skills required to satisfy financial deliverables and provide key actionable information.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, and comfortable with new challenges and multiple competing priorities
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) concepts including baseline planning, program execution, and reporting maintenance / deployment is a plus.
- Proficiency in Finance reporting systems and processes
- Ability to provide strategic financial leadership for the business unit including areas such as affordability, cost management, and profitable growth
- Demonstrated ability to lead and guide senior stakeholders and team members
- Externally reported earned value experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a team environment and lead teams to success
- Prior leadership experience and demonstrated ability to motivate staff
- Working knowledge of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) concepts, related systems, and processes
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, creative, and innovative and use critical and strategic thinking
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and experience with ERP accounting system tools
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project