Finance Manager (Strategic Finance)
The Manager, Strategic Finance is a key member of the Finance Department, and has a highly visible role in supporting the Company’s planning and analysis efforts. Reporting to the Senior Director, Finance this position will be responsible for performance reporting and analysis and strategic decision making in order to support company-wide initiatives and goals. This position will partner heavily across the organization aligning with Marketing, Partner Development and Sales Leadership teams to analyze business performance and provide critical decision support for sales and marketing investments.
The Finance department is a highly collaborative group that encourages team members to take on new responsibilities and promotes continuous learning. The position offers an exciting opportunity to be part of our client’s growth and continue to drive a data-driven culture of actionable analytics.
- Lead quantitative and qualitative work to analyze trends, unlock insights and drive sound decision making on key issues through clear, concise recommendations
- Drive weekly performance reporting on key business metrics and communicate findings at executive level reviews
- Provide strategic decision support and build business cases to support initiatives that will drive growth and profitability
- Introduce unit economics reporting across the company including weekly analysis of marketing and sales investments, while making proposals to enhance unit economics and profitability
- Track risks and opportunities to achieving company financial goals and drive business owner
- Build strong partnerships with Marketing, Sales, Analytics & GM orgs as well as the wider Finance organization
- Prepare presentations for executive team and Board of Directors
- Support various planning and forecasting efforts, including long range strategic plan, annual financial plan, and monthly forecast and outlooks.
- Design and develop reports using Data Visualization tools (Tableau)
- Prepare various monthly performance reports and analysis, and lead the review process
- Support CFO, investor relations and other business leaders with important ad-hoc requests
- Drive continual process improvement leveraging best practices, standardization, and automation to scale the business
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field with excellent academic record.
- MBA from a top business school preferred
- 6+ years of progressive roles in finance, strategic planning, investment banking, private equity, management consulting or equivalent experience
- Must be a self-starter
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with the ability to interpret and summarize data to aid management in achieving strategic and operational goals
- Ability to build complex financial models
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity
- Demonstrated strong leadership performance, with increasing levels of responsibility and team coaching & development
- Track record of leading and collaborating cross-functionally to gain buy-in, support, and assistance from key stakeholders and organizations
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint