Leads the development, implementation, and administration of the organization's financial systems. Researches financial record-keeping and reporting requirements and ensures that systems are modified to meet these requirements. Establishes best practices for financial systems use and ensures that these practices are used throughout the organization. Provides financial and technological system leadership to the on-site management team. Manages ongoing monthly reporting, assess possible new technology systems and manages a team supporting the goals of the department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Organize and prioritize critical issues and required information for the Account Director to facilitate efficient decision making.
- Iterate and improve financial reporting procedures, provide insight and leadership on all quantitative metrics across the organization. Assess and own all technology systems across the broader team. Partner with warehouse, projects, design and ticket coordination to ensure technology supports data management and reporting efforts.
- Track performance of leadership projects, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Assist with account quarterly management reports and provide updates.
- Attend account project management and cross-vendor REWS (Real Estate Workplace Support) meetings to keep abreast of latest changes in upcoming REWS plans or trends impacting Furniture.
- Revise comprehensive account operational process document.
- Facilitate the creation of training modules for different audiences and leverage existing tools available to the on-site team.
- Responsible for answering non-routine correspondence and assembling highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Direct reports will include the Data Project Manager and Order Processing Specialist.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in Business Administration, Finance, Operations Management, Architecture or relevant field
- 8+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination or education and experience.
- Experience with process improvement and leadership roles.
- Industry knowledge of planning and move processes, support team functions, furniture systems, network and telecom equipment and the responsibilities of the vendors and staff that manage them.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills with clients, vendors, employees and departmental representatives.
- Must have excellent organization, planning, time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to operational issues and new demands.
- Embraces effective decision-making skills, good judgement and can bring closure to issues.
- Comfortable working with Google Docs and Microsoft office in the same environment.