Financial Analyst (true FP&A)
Our client is seeking an experienced Financial Analyst to play a wide-ranging, entrepreneurial and very substantive financial, planning, reporting and operations role among its portfolio investments in the agricultural sector.
Our client plays a strong and ongoing operational management role among its portfolio investments and this candidate would report directly to the Finance Manager and work closely with the staff of the portfolio investments’ management company to execute the company’s strategy and projects.
The Financial Analyst job opportunity is perfect for a hardworking, self-starting, and detail-oriented individual. We are looking for someone to help with the activities below:
- Maintain detailed financial pro forma models and management tools to drive decision-making for existing and prospective projects
- Coordinate creation of detailed annual budgets for existing projects
- Assist with annual/quarterly valuation processes and Board meeting preparation
- Conduct benchmarking both internally among projects and against external industry standards
- Conduct various analysis and reporting of cost, vendor performance and other input analysis
- Maintain and create pitchbooks analyzing industry research
- Assist with investor communications
- Other related projects as requested
Our work environment is highly entrepreneurial. We value honesty, integrity, high general intelligence, flexibility, an intense work-ethic, intellectual curiosity and ownership, collegiality and "a good personal fit" above everything else. In addition to these personal attributes, the ideal candidate should have the following qualifications and characteristics:
- An undergraduate degree with strong academic and extracurricular performance. The role’s duties are most well suited to candidates with educational backgrounds in finance, accounting, economics or mathematics. However, in order to find the candidate with the highest general intelligence and other characteristics mentioned above, we will happily consider candidates with other majors or types of background.
- At least three years of relevant and notable work experience that undeniably demonstrates the skills and traits mentioned here. Experience in finance or financial planning and analysis is required. Further experience in other demanding financial, operational, or consulting environments will also be preferred.
- Substantial and notable experience in financial modeling using Excel, financial analysis for operating businesses and investment projects or strong evidence to conclude that other experience and abilities will readily provide this capability.
- Substantial and notable experience in creation, maintenance and improvement of complex budgets and management reporting using Excel.
- An MBA may be additive but is not required.
- Willingness to travel locally on a regular basis to meet with colleagues, clients and external service providers. Generally travel will be within the Bay Area and the Central Valley.