Financial Analyst OR Senior Financial Analyst
Our client discovers and develops new drugs that translate frontier cancer targets through exceptional drug discovery, delivering revolutionary medicines on behalf of cancer patients. Our innovative science draws inspiration from nature and evolution, which offer insights into cancer targets, disease mechanisms and therapeutic approaches. As a new member of the team, you will join other outstanding colleagues who are helping lead our efforts in the discovery and development of new medicines for unmet needs in cancer.
Our client recently went through IPO in January 2020.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Financial Planning & Analysis, the FP&A analyst position will support the accounting and planning processes including the monthly close process and the budgeting/forecasting process. The ideal candidate will:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly budget versus actuals reporting and variance analysis.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations to support month end close activities, including clinical trial accruals and collaboration accounting.
- Assist in the development of the internal management financial reporting package and preparation of the package on a periodic basis.
- Examine contracts to summarize key terms and determine appropriate accounting treatment.
- Support the annual budget and reforecast process.
- Support annual audit requests and inquiries from our external auditors.
- Participate in process improvements and financial system enhancements.
- Ad hoc financial analyses and projects, as needed.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance with 2+ years experience, big 4 experience preferred.
- Strong organization, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Understanding of financial accounting systems and processes.
- Ability to effectively and collaboratively work cross-functionally with demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize options, and anticipate challenges.
- Strong analytical and advanced excel skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Biotechnology industry experience preferred and an innovative team-player with enthusiasm for our small company environment.