Front End Developer
Duration: 5-6 months
Our client is looking for an experienced consultant to lead a front end re-design effort for a consumer facing site. Having React expertise is required, as this person will be asked to provide direction to the engineering team.
We are looking for someone with 5-7 years of experience, with a strong design and development background with external websites.
If your interest is to work on a smaller team and make a significant impact, the client is looking to interview immediately.
- Primarily be responsible for building and maintaining UI components
- Able to code user-facing pages by hand from mock-ups that are well structured and adhere to responsive design principles.
- Believes testing code is a necessity rather than an afterthought.
- A passion for details, for solving complex problems that are new and challenging.
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment. As a member of our engineering team, you will be called upon to be a Jack/Jill-of-all-Trades. A strong ability to prioritize and focus is critical.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, work with senior engineers of the team on design and architecture.
- Comfortable with Agile Software Development and GitLab Flow.
- Able to handle and cope with stressful situations and understands the pressures of a start-up environment
- Eagerness to learn lots of new technologies
- Proficient with primarily React & Material-UI with jQuery & Bootstrap frameworks to support legacy code (soon to be phased out).
- Experience with full web stack development (e.g. DOM, HTTP, cookies, headers, asset loading/caching).
- Familiar with relational databases and SQL, preferably MySQL
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree is required.