We’re looking to bring someone on who has an interest in learning and developing their knowledge of the private equity, venture capital and alternative investments industry. The company has raised $1.8 billion to date completing 58 investments. Your position will have the following responsibilities:
· Maintain general ledger
· Prepare weekly check runs, wire set ups, daily cash balance and monthly bank reconciliations
· Process expense reports, credit card charges and other fund and management company expenses.
· Prepare monthly and quarterly portfolio company billing
· Prepare expense allocation
· Assist with new entity formations and bank account set ups.
· Assist in quarterly financial statements preparation (Management Company and General Partner Entities)
· Assist in annual audit and tax return preparation, 1099s and other ad hoc federal and state filing requirements.
· Assist in investor inquiries and info requests
· Assist in paperless office project
· Other projects as needed as it relates to compliance and NDA process.
The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
· 2-3 years of accounting, tax or audit experience required; Public accounting/CPA firm experience preferred
· Prior private equity fund accounting or partnership accounting experience is a plus
· You must be well organized, detail oriented, have the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
· You must have excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks
· You must be bright, energetic, flexible, have a sense of urgency and positive attitude, able to work independently, and hold a high regard for personal integrity, responsibility and accountability
· You must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
· References available upon request