Payroll & AP Accountant
Our client is revolutionizing cyber risk with a SaaS-based platform that uses data science to combine vulnerability data with exploit intelligence to measure risk, predict attacks and prioritize remediation. We are leading the way in helping Enterprises to reduce their risk while increasing their efficiency and preventing attacks.
Our client is looking for someone with experience in the payroll and accounting functions, and an education in accounting or business, who is looking for the right opportunity to develop their skills and grow them into a long-term, exciting career with a top-ranked industry company.
As the General Ledger Accountant, you will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of payroll, processing expense reimbursements and assisting with preparation of monthly financial statements. This position reports directly to the Corporate Controller.
They are small enough that every employee receives a healthy amount of equity and the chance to have a significant impact on technical process and company culture, but large enough that they have established product-market fit, so you can focus on scaling the platform to keep up with the growth of the business.
They have an open work space in the heart of the Financial District; flexible on remote work opportunities, gym benefits, catered lunch every Wednesday, office snacks/drinks and unlimited PTO.
- Collect, analyze and maintain accurate accounting data necessary for effective processing of payroll.
- Manage all payroll functions to include processing bi-weekly multi-state payroll and international payroll.
- Support internal and external payroll audit requests including 401K audits, workers compensation audits, and any state tax notices.
- Be responsible for various benefits deductions reports for upload to benefit carrier sites.
- Be responsible for processing expense reports in accordance with expense guidelines.
- Maintain and balance the general ledger and prepare necessary journal entries as required.
- Support the Controller and VP of Finance as needed.
- Attention to detail with strong work ethic and disciplined approach.
- AA or BA with an emphasis in Accounting or Business Administration from an accredited college or university.
- 3+ years of payroll experience in a multi-state environment.
- Experience with Paylocity Software a huge plus.
- Working knowledge of financial reporting (e.g., AP, accruals, pre-paids, general ledger entries, etc.)
- Proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office software.
- Thorough knowledge of US payroll tax laws for a multi-state employer.
- International payroll experience desirable.
- Knowledge in creating reports through system reporting tools.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast pace and be able to multi-task.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic and team player.