Lead Financial Analyst (Cost Accounting)
- Assists in the month-end close process, including but not limited to preparation of journal entries, consolidation of financial statements, and detailed analysis of general ledger accounts.
- Creates, maintains, and maps general ledger accounts to improve the company’s financial reporting abilities. Ensures that all activity is properly recorded in the general ledger.
- Interfaces with management to develop recommendations regarding business planning, operating forecasts, and financial plans.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and internal controls regarding local ERP accounting processes.
- Analyzes the company’s expenses against budgeted and historical activity. Assists in the preparation of annual operating budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Mentors/trains junior analysts on team. Responsible for review of junior analyst financial activities.
- Ensures customer satisfaction: Performs with honesty and integrity instituting a highly responsive level of customer service. Promotes an environment emphasizing teamwork, empowerment, and problem resolution with a consultative approach.
- Records, develops, and tests internal controls to ensure the company’s proper compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 regulations.
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis to ensure accurate reporting and sound financial controls.
- Develops, prepares, analyzes, and distributes financial reports upon request.
- Leads financial acumen trainings for business partners
- Assists with the development and implementation of accounting policies and procedures.
- Researches and reports on industry benchmarks; analyzes and compares the company’s results to best practices.
- Assists with related special projects and manager requests as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in accounting or finance
- 3-5 years of accounting experience (CPA preferred)
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word or equivalent. Hyperion Enterprise experience a plus.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to influence across departments
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method.
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Ability to analyze statistical and financial data, and calculate figures/amounts.