Manager, Financial Assurance and Compliance (SOX)
Manager, Financial Assurance and Compliance (SOX) – Redwood City
One of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide is looking for a manager of financial assurance and compliance. That’s why we're always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
We make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic.. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
Internal Audit department, known as Business Assurance Services (BAS), enhances and protects organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight. In a demanding high-performance environment designed for high-caliber individuals seeking growth and career advancement, BAS team members gain valuable experience and in-depth knowledge of the strategic, operational, finance, information technology (IT), and compliance areas of the Company by working on a wide range of assurance and advisory activities.
They are seeking a Manager of Financial Assurance & Compliance for the BAS department who will assist in leading the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance program management office (SOX PMO) as well as lead and perform additional risk-based financial audit and advisory activities. The position, based in either our Redwood City (California), Tampa (Florida), or Dallas (Texas) office, will report to and work closely with the Director of Financial Assurance & Compliance. The position will manage large, complex and highly visible engagements, develop strong working relationships with management, and manage or mentor other BAS team members. The position requires a person adept in balancing the dual roles of independent, objective assurance provider and consultative business partner.
- Assist in managing the Company’s SOX compliance efforts including: the annual scoping, planning and execution of the evaluation of internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR); continuous interaction with Business Process Owners (BPOs) and Control Owners (COs) to perform walkthroughs, update process flows and risk/control matrices, and administer the periodic sales and SOX certification; close coordination with the external auditors; review of control testing performed by junior team members or consultants as well as performance of control testing when necessary for successful project completion; evaluation of control deficiencies including preparation of the Summary of Aggregated Deficiencies (SAD) and annual ICFR Memo; evaluation of key initiatives impacting ICFR (e.g., new accounting standards, system implementations, process and system redesigns, acquisitions/integrations, and policy changes); and delivery of SOX training
- Assist with the continuous improvement efforts to drive further effectiveness and efficiency in the SOX compliance program ensuring a top-down, risk-based and right-sized approach aligned with SEC guidance and PCAOB standards, optimizing the reliance model with the external auditor and other assurance providers, and advising on process and system improvements with ICFR impact
- Plan, lead and perform additional risk-based financial audit and advisory activities beyond SOX to assess and provide assurance over the wider financial risk universe, as well as work closely with other BAS team members on integrated audits and other BAS projects
- Be a trusted business advisor to management by working regularly and communicating effectively with them, relaying findings and recommendations, tracking and helping drive remediation efforts to closure, and providing value-add assurance, advice and insight on governance, risk, compliance, controls, and key Company initiatives
- Manage outside consulting resources on select engagements to carry out activities and meet objectives – within budget and on schedule for each engagement.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Extensive SOX management experience along with strong financial process, risk and control knowledge and audit experience beyond SOX.
- Ability to work in a fast moving, global, complex company environment, to easily adapt between working independently or collaboratively on a team, to be effective in new situations, and to work comfortably in ambiguity on unstructured projects and in a multi-tasking environment
- Team player focused on team cohesion and success; adept at building relationships across various geographies and cross-functionally; willingness and ability to lead projects as well as participate as member of project team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to effect change through collaboration, professionalism, trust, credibility and influence
- Strong analytical skills with ability to quickly evaluate issues, determine root causes, and creatively solve complex problems in a solutions-oriented environment
- Commitment to quality, willingness to challenge current practice and innovate, and continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to listen to understand and to bring a balanced perspective, while skillfully managing potentially contentious interactions and standing ground in the face of audit client or internal pressure
- Self-motivated, flexible, proactive, rapid learner and responsive; possesses passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results; action oriented; views challenges as opportunities; tenacious and focused
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally (up to 25%)
- Experience with the following systems is a plus: Oracle R12, OBIEE11g, Hyperion, Siebel CRM & UCM, Workday, Equity Edge, SingleView, Salesforce.com, RevPro, Vertex, and ACL GRC & Analytics
- Minimum 5 years of experience including 3+ years of SOX/audit experience and 2+ years of management experience; combination of Big 4 experience and industry experience at a multi-national public company is preferred
- CPA required; additional relevant professional certifications a plus (CIA, CISA, CRMA, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related field; Advanced degree (MBA or MS) is a plus