Payroll Specialist/Sr. Payroll Specialist (Michelle)
Our Client in Cupertino is seeking a Payroll Coordinator to join the Human Resources team. This role will report into the Global Payroll Manager and will assist with the administration of the US & Global payroll functions. This person will act as a backup to the Global Payroll Manager and participate in payroll & human resources projects.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the payroll preparation and production of our payrolls for all global offices and entities
- Assist with the management of all payroll systems, process expense reimbursements and submit 401k/FSA contributions
- Manage the timecard submission and approval process including reviewing time cards for accuracy
- Manage PTO accruals
- Reconcile audit reports to validate payroll data integrity.
- Help to maintain payroll information to meet internal and external audit requirements
- Provide ad-hoc analysis of payroll and benefits.
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll journal entries to accountants
- Partner with finance accountants on payroll account reconciliations
- Review and audit data processed by HR team members.
- Help ensure compliance with tax withholding and regulatory reporting requirements – maintain compliance with Federal, State and local tax regulations
- Assist with quarterly and annual tax payments & reporting (including W2’s)
- Serves as a backup to Global Payroll Manager
- Responsible for assisting with all payroll & human resources related to finance, such as:
- Visa status tracking
- Relocation tracking – working with internal and external parties to guarantee accurate taxations
- Reconciling all benefit invoices
- Assisting with headcount requests, cost allocations and general reporting
- Other project work as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of state and federal wage and tax laws and overtime requirements required
- International payroll experience (London and/or Hong Kong) strongly preferred
- Familiarity with ADP Workforce Now, Ultipro or ActivPayroll preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to analyze and implement changes to ensure continuous improvement in efficiency and accuracy of payroll processes and areas beyond payroll