- Collaborate with the legal and sales team to ensure completeness of customer onboarding, maintenance of the customer information within NetSuite and vendor portal set up, if applicable
- Review contracts with customers, prepare sales orders and billing schedules within NetSuite, and ensure timely and accurate invoicing of software license and professional services fees.
- Partner with professional services team to ensure accurate time and expense tracking for invoicing.
- Process and apply payments from customers and proactively monitor the AR aging to help with the collection activities for domestic and international customers.
- Engage with customers in a friendly, courteous, timely, and professional manner
- Support the monthly close process which includes:
- Reconciliation of the accounts receivable accounts.
- Reconciliation of the sales tax payable account to Avalara and coordination of state sales tax filings with our third-party provider.
- Preparation of bad debt analysis in accordance with GAAP on a quarterly basis.
- Preparation of monthly journal entries.
- Update and maintain an accurate collection forecast on a weekly basis.
- Support the configuration and implementation of the NetSuite Advanced Revenue Module.
- Support ad hoc analysis for the Revenue Manager, and other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 3-5+ years of accounts receivable and collections operations including software industry experience
- Experience with NetSuite preferred, experience with Advanced Revenue Module a plus
- Experience in scalable process development, standardization, and automation, with proven ability to operate successfully and independently in a changing environment with competing objectives and priorities
- Solid understanding of general accounting concepts related to AR. Familiarity with ASC 606 revenue recognition rules and guidance a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including a team-based orientation to support and participate in Finance team projects and goals
- Analytical skills and excellent attention to detail with ability to remain organized and focused
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel