Revenue Manager – mostly operational
The Revenue Accounting Manager will serve a key role in a world-class finance team in a rapid growth environment. The finance team serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors and works closely with business partners on a daily basis. The Revenue Accounting Manager has ownership of all accounting aspects of revenue recognition and must understand, analyze and communicate financial impacts to revenue throughout the organization. This position has a critical and highly visible role in the process design, implementation, documentation and accurate recording of revenue.
- Monitor key accounting estimates for revenue recognition
- Perform data analytics for collection trends
- Evaluate customer contracts to ensure that revenue is recognized accurately in accordance with ASC606
- Collaborate with Sales, Legal, and Business Development teams to review and evaluate the impact of draft contracts for revenue recognition
- Manage month-end and quarter-end revenue close, including reconciliations and related fluctuation analysis and other reporting requirements
- Work with the FP&A team to provide revenue assurance in the pricing models and new product introductions
- Help prepare data and other support information requests as needed for audits and reviews conducted by external auditors
- Participate in developing and maintaining strong internal controls, ensuring quality controls over revenue transactions and reporting.
- Manage the process of maintaining and updating the Company Revenue Accounting Policy
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5-6 years in revenue recognition required
- In-depth knowledge of revenue recognition guidance under ASC606
- In-depth knowledge and hands on experience working with GAAP multi-element revenue recognition accounting standards, preferably in the software industry
- Proficient Excel skills – pivots, looks-ups, etc.
Skills & Abilities
- A solutions-oriented team player who enjoys a dynamic work environment
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to effectively work with all levels and cross-functionally within the company, including Sales, Legal, and Business Development
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills, with a sharp focus on details