This company is seeking a Revenue Accounting Manager that will be responsible for revenue operations and compliance with ASC 606. This position will manage the end-to-end accounting, Zuora revenue systems, and provide clear revenue recognition guidance for all teams to follow.
General Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage a Revenue Team responsible for month-end revenue close activities. This includes effectively using Zuora in the preparation of revenue recognition, commission capitalization and amortization, accounts receivable and deferred revenue journal entries and related account reconciliations.
- Review revenue contracts for application of appropriate revenue recognition in accordance with relevant accounting literature and the Company’s revenue recognition policy.
- Serve as the finance organization’s subject matter expert on revenue accounting and partner cross-functionally with legal, sales, and other departments relative to contract negotiations to provide guidance.
- Proactively identify areas for process improvement and collaborate with other departments to streamline processes related to revenue to create best practices across the organization.
- Work with external auditors in all revenue related areas for annual audit
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and revenue recognition guidance
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a closely related discipline
- Experience researching and documenting technical accounting matters
- Zuora experience required
- CPA preferred
- Detail-oriented with superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage a team while also being an individual contributor.
- Ability to analyze and interpret customer contracts.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional business partnering skills, with demonstrated ability to work cross functionally and at various levels within a company.
- Capable of handling multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, plus subsidized gym memberships.
- Subsidized mobile phone service and public transit or parking
- Catered lunch every day and team lunches on Fridays
- Team building – hackathons, parties, outtings, and more.