Revenue Operations Analyst (Senior)
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic Revenue Operations Analyst who enjoys a challenge and can grow along with the organization. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who enjoys collaborating with people in a dynamic team environment. Primary responsibility: Deal Desk and Order Management – ensuring they are booking compliant and well supporting the deals desk function.
The Revenue Operations Analyst will report into the Director of Revenue and will be based in Santa Clara, CA.
- On a daily and urgent basis, independently review global orders for completeness and accuracy including validating data fields in Salesforce to ensure reporting and downstream processes are not impacted.
- Analyze and evaluate orders to ensure orders are booked in accordance with our bookings policy
- Respond to urgent requests/inquiries from other cross functional teams regarding proposed or current transactions and offer solutions where appropriate
- Read and analyze contracts and the related terms and conditions to identify any potential revenue recognition impact
- Set up contracts and transactions in ERP system.
- Perform quality control around sales orders and review transactions setup in accordance with revenue recognition policies. Work with Accounts Receivable team to ensure transactions are invoiced appropriately by analyzing and applying customer contractual terms and billing policies.
- Work with the Professional Services organization to solve various inquiries/issues related to revenue recognition.
- Perform monthly revenue related tasks and independent analysis.
- Participate in the monthly revenue close process; prepare revenue related revenue journal entries and revenue related account reconciliations.
- Participate in ad hoc projects as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3- 4 years experience in revenue operations ideally in a software company
- Ability to read and understand contracts and the related terms and conditions
- Ability to solve problems and collaborate with multiple functions within the organization
- Work independently and make judgement calls based on past precedent
- Demonstrates attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to plan and perform multiple tasks.
- Excellent oral, written, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Organized and manages time efficiently
- Experience in a high growth, rapidly changing work environment required. Must be able to work with a strong sense of urgency
- Salesforce & Workday experience highly preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred