SEC and Technical Accounting Manager
Communities are growing and evolving, and with that, our transportation needs are changing. Now more than ever, we need smart solutions that provide safer, more reliable and cleaner transit. Every day, our client works to meet those needs, with the world’s best-performing zero-emission buses. Our revolutionary battery-electric buses help fleet operators abandon fossil fuels, improve environmental quality and reduce operating costs.
Our client is seeking a Manager of Technical Accounting to join our high performing Finance and Accounting team to support the Company’s continued growth. In addition to be the primary point of contact for revenue recognition and SEC reporting, our next team member will be part of a team that creates and implements policies and procedures, ensures SOX compliance is in place, identifies, resolves and documents accounting issues and creates review processes to ensure more efficient and accurate reporting.
- Manage core finance processes/functions including technical accounting, revenue recognition, and other ad hoc technical accounting research.
- Prepare supporting schedules and documentation for SEC filings.
- Remain current with new technical accounting standards, particularly those that impact financial reporting.
- Interface effectively with numerous individuals both inside and outside the Company, including the external auditors, to address and resolve accounting and reporting issues.
- 3+ years of experience in technical accounting
- 3+ years of experience in public accounting.
- 2+ years of experience in SEC reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking, organization and prioritization skills.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to exercise good judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- Critical thinker with attention to detail who can seek solutions to complex accounting and reporting issues.
Nice to have:
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) Compliance
- XBRL reporting