Senior Accountant (2)
Our client, a market leading SaaS software company based in Walnut Creek, is looking for a Senior Accountant.
The company is growing and has acquired 19 businesses since its inception in August of 2016, with 175+% growth from 2017 to 2018.
Our client specializes in lower middle-market companies in the software, online and business services industries.
The Mission of the Role
Create a best-in-class financial reporting environment at the holding company level. Serve as a trusted financial and operational advisor to the operating companies and key executives at the corporate level (VP Finance and CFO).
The Senior Accountant will perform substantial original work, but from the outset will have support and work very closely with the Corporate Controller.
We are seeking a motivated, growth-oriented Senior Accountant to join our accounting team. The Senior Accountant is responsible for all areas related to accounting operations and financial reporting at the holding company level. This position will be responsible for maintaining accounting principles, practices, procedures, and controls to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. Your challenge is to drive efficiencies in financial reporting and business intelligence as we scale by leveraging technology, a dedicated offshore accounting team, and a relentless focus on process improvement and challenging the status quo.
This position is based in Walnut Creek, California. You will report directly to the Corporate Controller.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of accounting and financial operations with a focus on continuous improvement; Including: A/P, payroll, cash management, intercompany billing and the monthly GL close and reporting cycle
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure while ensuring an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close
- Prepare financials in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Support budget and forecasting activities; become the owner of the corporate level budget
- Develop and document internal controls, policies, and procedures; ensure proper documentation and record-keeping compliance
- Respond to inquiries and ad-hoc analysis requests from the Corporate Controller and other executives
- Prepare consolidation journal entries and ensure that the intercompany accounts are properly reconciled. Review the consolidated financial statements for accuracy.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years of relevant GL experience with increasing responsibility, preferably at a rapidly growing tech company
- Public accounting or audit experience preferred but not required
- Experience with key accounting operations, including AP management, payroll processing, and treasury functions
- Strong familiarity with accounting principles, financial statements, and consolidation accounting
- CPA a plus but not required
- Experience in taking the initiative to identify the need for and then improving processes
- Must have strong Excel skills, including report creation, report formatting, charting, and use of common financial functions (index/match, vlookups, sumifs, pivot tables)
- Experience with Intacct, Expensify, Bill.com, and FloQast is a plus
- Excellent communicator – written and oral
- Analytical – can find meaning in numbers, and be a data-driven decision-maker
- Possesses high sense of urgency; excellent time management and organizational skills
- Resourceful – figures out how to achieve results creatively with finite resources
- Self-starter who regularly takes initiative and can juggle multiple projects while simultaneously demonstrating creativity and judgment
- Enthusiasm to apply technology to business processes
- Thrives in a nimble, lean, unstructured, and fast-paced environment
- Ability to create, optimize, and execute processes for a growing SaaS startup using best practices
- Strong documentation abilities. Understands and has lived by the 'reperformance' standard
- Takes pride in meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations on quality of output
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards. Self-aware, accepting, honest, open, polite and respectful of others
- An undying commitment to personal growth, learning, and development