Our client is seeking a Staff or Senior Accountant to join the Finance team to support day-to-day operations of the Company's private equity and credit funds. Successful candidates will have a fundamental understanding of fund accounting, investment operations, and financial systems and thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment. This results-driven role requires frequent interaction with administrators, investors, compliance teams and offers exposure to other areas of a growing private equity firm.
Essential duties include:
- Review monthly, quarterly and annual fund accounting packages, including annual GAAP financial statements and footnote disclosures across multiple fund structures.
- Review quarterly expenses and prepare allocations across fund structures.
- Process wires and prepare capital call and distribution letters for review.
- Review daily position and cash reconciliations to ensure any discrepancies are identified and resolved.
- Coordinate discrepancy resolutions with both the fund administrator and bank loan administrator.
- Review limited partner capital balances, including management fees, performance fees, capital
- contributions and distributions, and limited partner account statements.
- Coordinate with audit team on support documentation, respond to audit inquiries, and ensure
- timeliness of year-end audit deliverables.
- Assist with the continued development of process and procedures surrounding all aspects of accounting, financial and operational reporting, and performance analysis
- Assist with the continued development and build out of monitoring controls of the daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting deliverables of the fund administrator; including the review of daily and month-end reporting, quarterly regulatory compliance, performance calculations, and ad-hoc requests from investors or investment team.
- BS/BA degree in business or related field
- Big 4 experience is a plus, CPA preferred
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience including public accounting, fund accounting, and investment operations experience in the asset management space
- Strong accounting and operations skills, including system/technology skills and proficient to excellent in– Microsoft© Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) experience
- Detail oriented, and a self-starter able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong teamwork skills and able to coordinate across multiple business functions