Our client in the East Bay has an immediate need for a Senior Accountant This is a 2-3 month engagement with potential to convert to a permanent opportunity. Are you available?
The Senior Accountant will be a member of the Finance and Accounting team, responsible for the day to day accounting, including the preparation of general ledger entries, account reconciliations, and financial statement analysis.
- Organize and coordinate the monthly, quarterly and annual financial close related to cash, payroll and equity functions
- Manage monthly journal entries for cash, payroll and equity related accounts
- Perform and maintain related balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepare variance analysis for trended financial results and other comparative analysis
- Assist with the preparation, reconciliation, and processing of U.S. Payroll.
- Prepare support for audit requests and respond to inquiries from external auditors (quarterly audits)
- Participate and support the maintenance of SOX internal control requirements
- Assist with preparation of the Company’s federal and state tax returns
- Work with Reporting Manager to ensure the accuracy of equity transactions including, but not limited to, reviewing grant inputs, tax withholding information, cancellations, ESPP purchases and RSU releases.
- Support other finance / ad hoc projects as necessary
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working at a pharmaceutical and/or publicly traded company preferred
- Large/mid size ERP system experience; Great Plains/Equity Edge experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Strong verbal and written skills required
- Experience in payroll and equity accounting is preferred
- Vendor management experience highly preferred