Senior Accounting Manager
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our team as Senior Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate will have a strong operational and general accounting background having worked in both public accounting and private industry. Under the direction of the Corporate Controller, this individual will take ownership of financial reporting and close processes, while gaining valuable exposure to an ERP implementation, revenue accounting, and improving operational accounting in support of the fast growth of the company.
§ Own and drive the monthly and annual close process.
§ Prepare consolidated financial statements.
§ Manage revenue recognition calculations and reporting.
§ Support the annual audit process, including he preparation of the financial statements, footnotes, disclosures and accounting memos.
§ Manage staff of three, review their work, and provide technical and professional development guidance.
§ Redesign operational procedures and processes as needed.
§ Assist with ad hoc analyses and server as the corporate controller’s go-to resource.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 7+ years of experience with at least 2 years as an Accounting Manager with complete responsibility for the preparation of consolidated quarterly and annual financial statements.
- 4+ years of audit experience at a public accounting firm
- CPA; BA in Accounting or related degree.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and preparation of financial statements and disclosures.
- Revenue Recognition and ASC 606 implementation
- Inter-company transactions and consolidations experience.
- Solid familiarity with annual audit procedures and requirements
- Ability to conduct accounting research and document findings.
- ASC 718 and employee stock options management a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must manage multiple priorities well and handle projects with short deadlines with extreme attention to detail.
- Knowledgeable of best-practices in accounting operations.
- Experience with NetSuite and/or ERP implementations is a plus.