Senior Analyst SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
This position reports into their Senior Manager of SEC and Technical Accounting, who reports into Director of Accounting.
We’ve placed a number of great folks on this team – all are doing really well! They offer rotational opportunities into other areas (that’s why this job is open) Great opportunity to join an A+ team with an industry leader.
Our client offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan (paying over 100%), and equity (plus 2 year lookback ESPP program).
Joining Our client means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving efficacy and decreasing invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
The Sr. Analyst, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting plays a critical role in achieving our overall objective of delivering best in class financial reporting. It is a highly visible role that frequently interacts with executive management as part of managing the financial reporting process. The SEC Reporting team manages all external reporting processes, including 10-Q’s and 10-K’s, as well as earnings releases, and proxy filings. In addition to these responsibilities, you will also play an integral part in assisting the investor relations department in preparing for our quarterly earnings release and related communications.
This role offers a great opportunity to work closely with a wide range of the Company’s accounting and finance departments, including Investor Relations, Corporate Accounting, FP&A, Treasury, Tax, Stock Administration, and Legal departments. This will allow you to develop a broad and deep understanding of the Company’s business and operations that are essential for strong career development.
We are looking for leaders that can take on additional responsibility as they progress in their career and we are committed to providing an environment that foster career growth and development. We look to hire quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, teamwork, excellence, and proactive thinking. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of something big, this is the role for you.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the preparation of all external financial reporting – including Form 10-K/10-Q, earnings releases, and other required SEC filings.
- Assist in preparation of the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows and other financial disclosure requirements with such filings.
- Coordinate the information gathering process across the organization and interact with the Company’s external auditors.
- Preparation of the quarterly SEC reporting binders which includes the supporting documents for the SEC filings.
- Review XBRL interactive data files for all 10-Q and 10-K filings in accordance with the SEC filing requirements.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures related to SEC Reporting and share-based compensation in accordance with our SOX requirements.
- Assist with accounting for share-based compensation, including stock options, ESPP, and RSUs by performing the valuation of compensation granted, calculation of monthly expense and forecasting future impact to the Company.
- Assist with the implementation and ongoing monitoring of significant new accounting pronouncement including ongoing communication with other company organizations.
- Provide assistance in technical accounting matters by researching, resolving, documenting, and communicating accounting matters that arise.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 3-5 years of work experience including minimum of 2 years of big four public accounting experience.
- Sound GAAP knowledge and good background with SEC filings. Having a CPA is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Having experience in auditing or implementing SEC filing processes, including implementing processes to efficiently audit or gather appropriate supporting documentation will be viewed positively.
- Results oriented, strong organizational skills and time management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate with all levels of the organization (cross-functionally).
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and question data for reasonableness, proper accounting and consistency.
- Seek to continuously improve current processes and procedures.
- Extended hours during peak filing times required.
- Experience with SAP and Wdesk is a plus.