Senior Associate of Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting
This position is part of the Company's corporate team and reports to the Senior Manager of Technical Accounting and External Reporting. Primary responsibilities will include external reporting, accounting research, drafting accounting policies and memos, and providing technical support to members of the Finance and Accounting team. This position will both assist in the preparation of financial filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) and special projects as needed.
This role offers many opportunities, including being part of a fast-growing and profitable public company and advancement within a dynamic Accounting and Finance Group.
- Assist in the preparation of the SEC filings including Form 10-Q/10-K, earnings release (Form 8-K), XBRL tagging, etc. as well as the preparation of the supporting schedules. Ensure that such filings are in compliance with Shutterfly’s internal policies, U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements;
- Provide technical support to members of the Finance and Accounting team on the treatment of accounting issues in compliance with U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements;
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting standards;
- Research, evaluate and document technical accounting implications of complex or non-standard transactions;
- Maintain accounting policies manual and assist in updating or developing new policies to ensure consistency and compliance with GAAP and SEC requirements;
- Provide audit documentation to the external auditors (e.g. acquisitions, goodwill impairment, segment reporting);
- Prepare SEC and GAAP checklists for quarterly/year-end close;
- Assist in the preparation of stock-based compensation expense reporting including preparation of the monthly journal entries;
- Assist in the preparation of the annual proxy;
- Collaborate with Investor Relations in the preparation of Earnings Release presentation, script and other materials for earnings release;
- Participate in SOX compliance efforts in relation to internal financial reporting controls;
- Assist in special projects, such as registration statements, debt offerings, Form 8-K filings, etc.; and
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of process improvements as appropriate, to simplify, standardize and streamline external reporting.
- BS Degree in Finance/Accounting; CPA required
- 4+ years of accounting experience with a strong understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Working knowledge of SEC reporting and Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Public accounting experience
- Knowledge of Workiva (W-Desk) a plus
- Knowledge of Oracle software a plus
- Strong technical accounting and reporting skills;
- Strong attention to detail and sense of ownership;
- Positive attitude and dependable team player willing to “roll up their sleeves” to get the work done;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Proven ability to prioritize activities and manage workload in a complex fast-paced environment with strict deadlines;
- Ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision; and
- Effective writing, presentation and communication skills.