Senior Director of Finance FP&A
Our client is a global leader in the design, engineering and manufacture of critical subsystems and turnkey solutions for a variety of industries.They provide original equipment manufacturers with a broad array of services including design, engineering, system assembly, testing, and global supply chain management.
Our client recently acquired a Services business in Pennsylvania. They are the global leader in ultra-high purity, sub-10nm process tool chamber parts cleaning and coating services, tool part life extension, microcontamination analytical services, and other optimization solutions to the semiconductor water fabrication, OEM and OPM industries.
The Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team provides finance partnership to business leaders across all functions. The Corporate FP&A team provides analysis to support strategic decisions, conducts regular business reviews with our Operations business partners, and manages financial processes such as planning, forecasting and reporting.
Our client is looking for a Sr. Director of Finance to lead the global FP&A team. This role will focus on driving the company’s annual plan and quarterly forecast process and consolidation. This role is also key in providing analysis, business insights, and decision support, as well as leading strategic initiatives across the organization. This position is located in our Hayward, CA headquarters and will report to the VP of FP&A/CFO of SPS BU.
- Manage and drive the company’s planning and forecasting processes (mid-quarter, quarterly, annual) with the consolidation across both the Product and Services Business Units
- Analyze and provide insights on monthly/quarterly/annual actual results
- Business partner with BU leadership and functional leaders, providing assistance with a variety of financial needs including reporting, budgeting, and other ad hoc requests
- Provide support during the month-end/quarter-end close processes, including partnering with the Accounting team on close-related matters
- Ownership of quarterly calculation of bonus and profit sharing pay-outs
- Support the development and tracking of key corporate metrics (KPIs)
- Drive the preparation of the quarterly Audit Committee package, and other Board-related presentations
- Prepare financial package for quarterly Earnings Call and review the scripts
- Ownership of the company’s CPM tool (Adaptive Insights)
- Manage a team of three analysts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong & proven business partnership skills with the ability to develop positive and productive working relationships across various levels, geographies, and cultures
- Work under tight deadlines and ability to multitask, particularly in a dynamic, high matrix environment
- Ability to combine strategic business thinking with high attention to detail
- Experience in presenting to and interacting with senior management
- Prior experience in a high-tech, manufacturing environment preferred
- Advanced & strong Excel skills required, along with PC skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Economics, or equivalent
- 7-10 years of progressive experience in financial planning, analysis, modeling, and forecasting, preferably at a publicly traded company
- Experience managing staff, and working remotely with cross functional staff
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably SAP
- Experience with CPM software tools, preferably Adaptive Insights