Senior Director of Technical Accounting, SEC and M&A
This position is part of the Company's corporate organization and reports directly to the Chief Accounting Officer. This position serves a critical finance role and will interface with personnel at various levels of the Company, as well as the internal and external auditors. Primary responsibilities will include accounting research, drafting accounting policies and memos, providing technical support to members of the Finance and Accounting team and M&A diligence. This position will also oversee in the preparation of financial filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) and special projects as needed.
The Senior Director, Technical Accounting, Financial Reporting and M&A provides leadership and technical guidance of accounting policy development and financial reporting within the assigned functional area(s). The individual in this role is responsible for the oral and written communication with senior leadership and external auditors for technical accounting, reporting, and accounting policies. As the subject matter expert on all technical accounting topics, the Senior Director is responsible for research, documentation, implementation of FASB pronouncements as well as working with Investor relations in the areas of external financial reporting.
• Provide strategic leadership of short- and long-term goals through the use of thoughtful techniques in the communication of the company’s mission and core values as a means to implement positive change and/or create organizational structure.
• Review, interpret and develop diverse policies to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, GAAP, Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), Emerging Issues Task Force (EITF), and other regulatory requirements.
• Ensure clear and concise written documentation of accounting conclusions and accounting policies.
• Lead technical accounting research, prepare technical accounting memos and communicate technical accounting conclusions.
• Provide interpretation of new GAAP and SEC rules and regulations and their effect on the business.
• Oversee the preparation of the quarterly and annual required SEC filings.
• Lead the coordination of external valuations on significant acquisitions and acts as a liaison between external valuation experts and the external audit team.
• Oversee analysis and financial due diligence processes to measure the performance of proposed acquisitions and/or business opportunities.
• Direct process improvement projects; delegating and managing project execution and planning.
• Lead operational efforts through subordinates to complete the administration of business processes and services to ensure the operations effective achievement of goals.
• Maintain a positive, results oriented work environment.
• Provide leadership, guidance and coaching for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
• Collaborate with employees in the establishment of clear and concise development plans to ensure succession planning and the advancement of future leaders within the organization.
• Minimal travel may be required.
• 15+ years’ related experience including a minimum of 6-8 years of prior “Big 4” public accounting experience with exposure to SEC reporting, revenue recognition, and financial statement analysis
• 10+ years’ experience as a Manager.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license required.
• Strong working knowledge of accounting methods and work flows.
• Hands-on leader that has a roll-up-the sleeves, can-do attitude
• Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and email applications.
• Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Must be able to work independently under minimal supervision, and alternately work cohesively within a team environment.
• Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
• Demonstrated ability to train and educate other staff.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills