Senior Finance Manager / Accounting Manager
Senior Finance Manager
The Sr. Manager, Finance will be responsible for the following finance and accounting activities:
- Budgeting – Prepares budgets and forecasts, including the annual operating plan (cash basis and GAAP basis, as needed), 3-year and 5-year plans, etc. and analyzes budgets, including model assumptions, received from external collaboration partners.
- Accounting – Prepares various levels of analyses to support the monthly/quarterly close process, including preparing study accruals and any related documentation, through collaboration with internal and external business partners.
- Reporting – Prepare budget versus actual reviews to facilitate both internal reporting to business unit managers and external reporting.
- Finance – Manages fiscal expenditures through budget versus actual, purchase requisition and contract (including study budget grid) reviews, etc.
- Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect the immediate organization.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Ability to multi-task and manage various deadlines.
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Develops and administers schedules and performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
- Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Collaborate with business unit managers and external collaboration partners to develop long range financial forecasts and operating plans.
- Ensure clear and effective communication between internal and external cross functional groups on matters relating to budgeting, planning, accounting, metrics, etc.
- Provides guidance to business managers to support the achievement of financial objectives. Support the Company's business planning activities.
- Support the development of the Company's operating plans. Assist in the development of management reporting to ensure performance improvement.
- Develop and continually refine corporate performance metrics to aid management in achieving objectives.
- Provide analytical support for ad hoc corporate financial evaluations.
- Responsible for the management of a functional area in the Finance organization.
- Acts as advisor to junior staff to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
- May be responsible for providing regular performance feedback, development, and coaching to direct reports.
- May assist with special projects. Works on and may lead other projects as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a Finance or Business discipline is required.
- A CPA or advanced degree, such as an MBA is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of previous financial planning or accounting experience, preferably in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry, is required.
- May require a minimum of 5 years previous management experience.
- A thorough understanding of principles of corporate finance is essential.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high attention to detail with an ability to independently prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Previous corporate accounting and/or budgeting and planning experience are required. Must possess excellent computer and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, are required.
- Previous experience with JDE ERP as well as reporting and planning software platforms are highly desired.
- Strong Excel and modeling skills are required.