Senior Financial Analyst
The Senior Financial Analyst in the Decision Support Services department of Financial Planning, Budget and Reporting supports the Director of Financial Planning, Budget and Reporting in various financial analysis, presentations and special projects. Analysis supports various financial planning deliverables for the organization, which includes the consolidation, verification and visual presentations of the operating and capital budget and ten year financial plan. Examples of other analysis might include organization wide calculation, analysis and presentations for cost per case calculations, monthly budget variance or labor productivity analysis.
The Senior Financial Analyst applies in-depth knowledge of the practices, procedures and concepts of the budget process, financial performance, forecasting and bench marking. Assists in creating a complete picture to his/her customer as it relates to financial performance. The Senior Financial Analysts works closely with other professionals to develop the annual operating and capital budget, reviews budget requests for accuracy and compliance with financial policies and procedures.
Involves the provision of financial data and analysis to inform the medical center or health system's operational, financial and strategic decision making. Supports the development of the annual operating and capital budget, comparing actual results and reporting variances from the budget or other plan. Prepares expense analysis and schedules to support the business entities and lines in preparation of their respective financial analysis and budgets. Evaluates schedules and data for completeness and accuracy. Ensures details comply with finance policies and procedures.
Oversees information from the managerial financial reporting system, the EPSi budget advisor system, and other applications to integrate overall financial performance at a cost center, division and other hierarchical levels. Provides for the measurement and bench marking of business operations in relation to best business practices for the healthcare industry and internal business objectives.
Develops and maintains key relationships with organizational finance areas to meet the organization’s needs for effective system wide financial analysis. Supports the Director of FP&B with graphical analysis in preparation of governance materials including budget, capital and ten year financial planning presentations. Applies extensive knowledge of industry practices in health care decision support and advanced professional concepts to substantial projects, typically at high degrees of complexity.
- Five to seven years experience in financial and budget systems, with knowledge of business statistics, quantitative methods, relational databases, operational scorecards, data modeling, and performance and profitability analysis
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or a directly related field
- In-depth knowledge of issues and aspects of financial performance, planning, financial data management, budget development and bench marking; proficiency in utilizing the tools to produce comprehensive, studies and actionable intelligence
- Advanced interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead projects and teams and collaborate productively on highly-complex projects with key personnel at all professional and technical levels
- Advanced written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to interpret and convey highly sophisticated technical and financial information in a clear, concise manner, and to make cogent presentations of analyses, reports, and investigation results
- Advanced problem-solving skills analytical ability, and in-depth knowledge of documentation and reporting, with the ability to run highly complex queries and studies, to collect and analyze financial and performance data, and to produce relevant, meaningful reports, analyses, and forecasts
- Advanced excel and power point skills
- Master’s degree in finance, accounting or directly related field
- In-depth ability to work with senior staff and managers across departments, serving as a technical leader and information resource in budget, financial planning, bench marking and providing recommendations and advice on decision support processes, business and financial issues
- Advanced organizational and project management skills, and ability to lead a team, prioritize tasks, and see projects through from inception to completion on schedule
- Healthcare experience
- EPSi, Kaufman Hall Financial Planning and Capital Tracking