Senior Financial Analyst OPEX
The Sr. Analyst, Opex FP&A is a key member of the Finance Department, and has a highly visible role in supporting the Company’s planning and analysis efforts. The role entails supporting ongoing planning, forecasting and reporting efforts on OPEX including Headcount. This role will report into the Manager, FP&A. The candidate will support our stakeholders to ensure they have the data and insight they need to drive business success. The role is highly cross-functional, collaborating with rest of the FP&A, Accounting, HR and business partners to ensure full transparency and alignment to overall strategy.
The Finance department is a highly collaborative group that encourages team members to take on new responsibilities and promotes continuous learning. The position offers an exciting opportunity to be part of eHealth’s growth and continue to drive a data-driven culture of actionable analytics.
- Support various planning and forecasting efforts, including long range strategic plan, annual financial plan, and monthly forecast for fixed expenses.
- Build strong partnerships with G&A business partners and rest of the Finance organization.
- Own and actively manage the Headcount reconciliation process. Manage budgeted headcount by reconciling current staff and open requisitions.
- Prepare various monthly opex variance reports and analysis and lead the review process. Provide analysis and insights into variances.
- Develop management reporting to track headcount and opex.
- Design and develop reports using Data Visualization tools, conduct trend analysis and present recommendations to business partners.
- Support CFO, investor relations and other business leaders with important ad-hoc requests.
- Drive continual process improvement leveraging best practices, standardization and automation to scale the business.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with the ability to interpret and summarize data to aid management in achieving strategic and operational goals
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple dependencies and prioritize projects with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Manage large amounts of financial data with the highest degree of accuracy; experience in building/maintaining/ improving financial models preferred.
- Experience dealing with ambiguity in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with financial systems, Adaptive Planning preferred.
- Experience with SQL, business intelligence / data visualization tools (Tableau) a plus. Experience with a public company a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or another related field. MBA or Masters in a quantitative field a plus.
- 5+ years of direct, relevant experience in FP&A, strategic finance, consulting or investment banking.