Senior Financial Analyst
Communities are growing and evolving, and with that, our transportation needs are changing. Now more than ever, we need smart solutions that provide safer, more reliable and cleaner transit. Every day, our client works to meet those needs, with the world’s best-performing zero-emission buses. Our revolutionary battery-electric buses help fleet operators abandon fossil fuels, improve environmental quality and reduce operating costs.
Our client is hiring a Sr. Financial Analyst. The focus of the role is to lead the cost reduction efforts for all components, manufacturing expenses and optimize purchasing decisions. This is a very high visibility role that is critical to the success of the company and will require interaction with every organization at all levels. It is a unique opportunity to be exposed to a wide variety of manufacturing processes, suppliers, and systems of a heavy-duty electric vehicle. Success depends on interpersonal and analytical skills that can be utilized to drive change in an organization. Some travel will be required to visit manufacturing plants and suppliers. Our plants are located in Burlingame, CA, Los Angeles, CA and Greenville, SC.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the below. Responsibilities will evolve alongside the company’s needs and increase with strong performance.
- Develop and maintain an accurate cost forecast for the Bill of Materials working closely with the Engineering and Supply Chain organizations
- Own the cost reduction forecast and drive a cross functional team towards targets
- Manage all cost reduction projects with owners in supply chain and engineering teams to ensure timely and on-target completion and raise issues regularly
- Guide organization on long term cost targets and savings opportunities, collaborate with partners in operations to brainstorm new ideas
- Review supplier selection decisions for new components and supplier contracts for existing components
- Develop cost targets for new programs, and inform architecture and design decisions from a cost perspective
- Work with manufacturing operations to help with efficiency improvements by providing analysis and guidance on financial impact
- Support budgeting and forecasting process specifically on the cost side
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or finance from a top-tier university, with strong academic record; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in consulting and/or financial analysis; experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Advanced financial modeling and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and written / verbal communication skills
- Maintains the highest level of integrity, respect for others, and a positive attitude
- Committed to the timely delivery of detail-oriented work and continuous improvement
- Passion for sustainability and / or transportation
- Strong intellectual curiosity and desire to learn and make an impact