Senior Financial Analyst (Sales & Marketing)
The Sr. Financial Analyst is a key member of the Finance Department, and has a highly visible role in supporting the Company’s planning and analysis efforts. Reporting to the Manager, FP&A this position will be responsible for forecasting, reporting, developing presentations, and supporting key strategic initiatives, while aligning with Marketing leadership and product GMs to analyze key business metrics and provide actionable feedback.
The Finance department is a highly collaborative group that encourages team members to take on new responsibilities and promotes continuous learning. The position offers an exciting opportunity to be part of our client’s growth and continue to drive a data-driven culture of actionable analytics. Our ideal candidate is highly analytical and a well-rounded top performer.
- Align with marketing channel owners to drive revenue and advertising spend forecasting, reporting, and analysis.
- Build strong partnerships with Marketing, Product and rest of the Finance organization.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analytical work to analyze trends, unlock insights and drive sound decision making on key issues through clear, concise recommendations.
- Support various planning and forecasting efforts, including long range strategic plan, annual financial plan, and monthly forecast.
- Prepare presentations for cross functional leadership, executive team, and Board of Directors.
- Design and develop insightful reports, conduct trend analysis and present recommendations to business partners.
- Prepare various monthly performance reports and analysis.
- Support CFO, investor relations and other business leaders with important ad-hoc requests.
- Drive continual process improvement leveraging best practices, standardization, and automation to scale the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or another related field. MBA or Masters in a quantitative field a plus.
- 5 years of relevant work experience, including in finance/accounting, management consulting, investment banking, or similar environment.
- Experience with SQL, business intelligence / data visualization tools (Tableau) preferred.
- Must be a self-starter
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with the ability to interpret and summarize data to aid management in achieving strategic and operational goals
- Ability to build and understand complex financial models
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple dependencies and prioritize projects with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint