Senior Financial Analyst
Private equity owned technology company in Oakland is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst (FP&A).
The role will be part of the Finance team based in Alameda and will directly assist the Financial Planning and Analysis organization. Responsibilities will be shared among the local Finance team with particular emphasis on reporting, budget variance tracking, business analysis, product line KPIs and General Finance depending on the business cycle.
The team you will represent is pivotal to management and tracking business metrics. Your contribution in this role will impact the success of product management, corporate finance and the company’s overall business strategy. The focus of this role is to provide support to various business partners in the organization.
Interface & Collaboration
- Report directly to the Director of FP&A
- You will be an integral part of the worldwide FP&A team
- You will collaborate with Finance & Accounting and Product Management
- Facilitate the preparation, reporting and analysis of department level annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and monthly estimates.
- Conduct investigations of errors and variance analysis independently and collaborate with management to resolve budget issues.
- Assist with compilation and review of business unit and functional organization presentations
- Perform structured analysis; conduct data mining; identify, clarify, and investigate discrepancies and exceptions; proactively develop solutions and processes.
- Maintain, reconcile, review, combine, and validate financial data sets and accounts, utilizing financial reports, financial databases, and key financial information.
- Contribute to development of budget, forecasting, and analyses to be used for key activities or decision making.
- Run and analyze financial reports, often from multiple systems; assist in preparation of management information reports.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Proven track record of financial statement analysis and developing impactful business analysis
- Candidates are required to be highly analytical, technically strong and effective communicators.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Business – MBA a plus
- 3-5 years of financial analysis experience preferably with a software company in a finance, strategy or analytics role
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills highly desired
- Knowledge of Oracle, Salesforce.com, Adaptive Planning, Anaplan would be of benefit