Senior Fund Management Associate
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the financial planning, analysis, reporting and administration of assigned funds. Maintain current knowledge of requirements in fund documents as related to fund management and reporting.
- Prepare quarterly performance investor reports for assigned funds.
- Coordinate and prepare investor distributions and capital calls for assigned funds. Coordinate with Asset Managers and EVP, Fund Management to ensure short-term and long-term capital needs are met for optimum cash management.
- Ensure compliance with fund level debt and property level loan guarantees for assigned funds. Monitor Fund level loan and property level loan guarantee covenant requirements, review compliance certificates, and ensure all loan deadlines are met.
- Ensure the state and federal withholding requirements are met for each investor. Includes the proper planning and communication with outside tax preparers to ensure timely communication with investor regarding such requirements and the ability to meet filing deadlines.
- Participate in the ongoing property and fund level asset strategy exercise by providing support to Asset Management and Capital Transactions through the calculations of IRR’s and other metrics as requested.
- Responsible for the distribution of audit and tax related information to the investors, including annual audit reports, K-1’s or 1099’s, and REIT shareholder demand letters.
- Respond to investors’ requests as needed.
- Support the fund-raising efforts by maintaining up to date marketing materials and responding to due diligence requests as needed.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong financial modeling, budgeting, and analytical skills as evidenced by 5 years of experience in financial analysis.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting fundamentals and treatments as evidenced by 5 years of experience in a related function.
- Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented while also keeping the bigger picture in perspective.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (in both oral & written communication) and build positive and productive relationships.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Finance, Accounting, Business or a related field from a four-year college or university.
- Master’s in Business Administration (M.B.A.) or Certified Public Accountant (C.P.A.) designation desirable.