Senior Manager of Technical Accounting and Reporting (SEC)
We have corporate accounting managers, loan accounting managers, and finance managers. We want to add another passionate manager to join our growing Finance Operations Team who has a knack for preparing and filing SEC reports and providing technical accounting support on complex transactions and new accounting pronouncements. This important addition to the Finance Team will report to our Director, Financial Reporting & Accounting Policy.
- Lead the preparation and filing of SEC reports, including Forms 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K, Prospectus, and ad hoc financial reporting.
- Collaborate with Accounting, Legal, and other business partners on the SEC reporting processes and regulate the flow of information and supporting documentation required for accurate and timely reporting of required filings and disclosures.
- Supports the external auditor’s quarterly reviews and annual audit process.
- Design, implement and maintain internal controls within the financial reporting and accounting policy functions.
- Evaluate business transactions for proper accounting treatment and prepares technical memos to support such conclusions.
- Monitor and implements new U.S. GAAP pronouncements and SEC reporting requirements, and assess and document the impact on the Company’s financial statements and disclosures.
- Develop and maintains U.S. GAAP accounting policies and acts as our subject matter expert for U.S. GAAP.
- Must be a licensed CPA.
- Experience in Shareworks , Workiva , and SEC Reporting .
- 5 + years of relevant experience, including minimum of 4 years of Big Four public accounting experience.
- Ideal candidate will have prior experience within the financial services industry (lending or financing, mortgage origination or servicing, or alternative financial services).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.