Senior Manager or Director SEC Reporting
The Senior Manager SEC Reporting is a key position responsible for owning the SEC reporting process, SOX compliance, and technical accounting for the Company, reporting to the Corporate Controller. The position will oversee the external reporting process, including SEC documents and support for review by internal and external stakeholders including external auditors, senior management, legal counsel and audit committee. This position will lead quarter and year-end reporting related to the earnings, including ownership over financial aspects of the earnings reporting and generation of key reports. This position will also help in the development and implementation of internal controls and preparation of SOX 404 compliance. In addition, this position will be a key financial role responsible for providing leadership in technical accounting matters across the entire organization and oversee accounting for stock-based compensation.
General Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all technical accounting and disclosures, including research and preparation of technical accounting memos and working with third party consultants as needed to support conclusions.
- Lead the preparation of all SEC filings (Form S-1, 10Q, 10K, etc.) including managing the review and approval process of all SEC filings with external auditors, senior management, legal counsel and audit committee. Prepare timelines and meeting materials and distribute draft filings for review.
- Ensure financial statements are in accordance with GAAP guidelines and serve as a subject matter expert on US GAAP.
- Develop global accounting policies and advise on operations changes arising from new GAAP and SEC rules.
- Responsible for accounting for stock-based compensation, including ensuring the integrity of the company’s stock and options data and plans.
- Provide technical accounting support on significant accounting issues and non-routine transactions, including consultations to the Business Development team on M&A and licensing deal structures and accounting considerations.
- Review Weighted Average Share ownership and Earnings Per Share (EPS) calculations;
- Establish, communicate and/or document policies and procedures for the accounting department.
- Assist with the evaluation and assessment of design and operating effectiveness of the internal control environment over financial reporting.
- Lead the company’s XBRL reporting process
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. CPA required.
- 7+ years related professional accounting experience
- Possess technical expertise related to GAAP and external reporting including SEC reporting, share-based compensation accounting, revenue recognition, acquisitions, foreign currency transactions and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements is essential
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong presentation skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Highest standards of accuracy, organization and precision
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to problem solve and work independently with a minimum level of supervision
- Must be flexible, able to multi-task and work to deadlines