Senior Payroll Accountant
March 20th, 2020
We are seeking a positive, energetic Senior Payroll Analyst that wants to learn in a hands-on environment. Our publicly traded, global company is growing, and we are adapting and designing processes to be more efficient and effective. We strive to provide value added analysis and reporting to support leadership.
- We want intelligent individuals who want to become experts in accounting and finance.
- We want dynamic individuals who are not afraid to go outside their comfort zone and try new things.
- We want fearless individuals who are not afraid to ask questions.
- We want inquisitive individuals who are receptive to learning. We want diligent individuals who are more interested in getting the job done than watching the time clock.
Accounting at a mid-sized company has many advantages that other companies may not offer. You will be in the front lines with the day to day accounting and finance functions. You will see the CEO, CFO, CIO, and VPs walking around the building and have opportunities to interact with them. You will get to participate in closed door sessions and observe how the sausage gets made. You will be on a first name basis with everyone – no riding up quiet elevators, but you can have a casual conversation with people.
We are not afraid to train and develop our people. We want to support our staff and help them grow to become the next managers/leaders!
Senior Payroll Analyst responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting payroll configurations
- Administration of the US payroll tax operations
- Ensuring accuracy of the payroll system data to deliver the Company’s semi-monthly and bi-weekly payrolls.
- Preparing journal entries and reconciliations
- Preparing variance trend analysis and ad hoc requests
- Execute time and attendance processing
- Process wage garnishments, liens, in accordance with Federal and State laws.
- Month-end general ledger close, providing timely and accurate financial reporting
- Assisting the managers and leadership team in projects
- Preparing financial schedules and reports for internal and external parties and auditors
- Assisting in the creation and/or documentation of accounting policies, processes, and procedures
- Driving process improvements, understanding accounting systems, and making recommendations for changes to enhance performance, efficiency, and growth.
- Prepare periodic/special reports for government agencies, tax authorities, insurance companies, industry associations and other units as the company requires
- At least 3 years of experience in a business environment; prior payroll experience preferred, FPC certification a plus
- Strong computer skills with a proficiency in Excel
- Strong mathematical, analytical and technical skills
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize all necessary software programs.
- Ability to multi-task, and work under tight deadlines with flexibility.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.