Senior Revenue Analyst
The Company is seeking a Senior Revenue Analyst to join their growing team. The position reports to the Director of Revenue Accounting. The candidate must have demonstrated both technical
expertise and operational experience in the order-to-cash process including order review, billing, and revenue recognition.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A strong work ethic, a positive customer services attitude and a high level of energy.
- Meticulous attention to detail, accuracy and highly-developed organizational and follow-through skills.
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines while managing competing priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and solid judgement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with customers and all levels throughout the company.
- Desire and ability to grow in the role as the company continues to grow.
- A track record of successful cross-functional communication and collaboration to continuously improve processes and results.
- Partner with cross functional teams (Professional Services Operations, Sales Operations, FP&A team) to resolve Sales Order related issues.
- Manage the timely and accurate integration of Sales Orders from Saleforce to NetSuite.
- Review and process sales orders as part of the order-to-cash process.
- Prepare billing schedule in NetSuite according to relevant contract terms, ensure accounts receivable transactions are recorded accurately and timely.
- Ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition standards – ASC 606.
- Complete month-end and quarter-end close assignments.
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for revenue and related accounts (revenue, deferred revenue, deferred costs, AR and/or unbilled AR).
- Assist in maintaining and updating internal documentation for revenue policies, procedures, controls and compliance.
- Prepare schedules and supporting documents for close activities, external audit, and other internal reporting processes.
- Prepare various ongoing analysis such as Standalone Selling Price analysis
- Collaborate with diverse and cross functional teams, including Sales, Professional Services, Engineering, Legal, Products Management and others to analyze data, identify opportunities, and provide input for on-going development and improvement on systems and operation process.
- Participate in special projects and perform additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- A minimum of five years professional experience relative to this role.
- Must be a team player at heart, and detail oriented.
- Solid planning and prioritization skills. Demonstrates high energy with the ability to remain flexible and change priorities in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to independently take ownership and manage assigned tasks.
- Strong knowledge of revenue recognition guidance – ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers, and understanding of ASC 340-40, Other Assets and Deferred Costs – Contracts with Customers.
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce or equivalent systems.
- Experience reviewing and interpreting sales contracts and translating to order processing and revenue recognition.
- Experience working in a high-growth technology company with a SaaS business model.