Senior Revenue Manager
The Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting will play a proactive role in management of the accounting close, audit, and SOX cycle; support of the contract review process; design, implementation and improvement of order to cash process; and communication of financial impact to revenue throughout the organization.
This person will not only work closely with the players within the legal, sales and quote to collect cycles, but also with other cross-functional and geographically dispersed groups to disseminate important revenue recognition guidance and direction. The Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting reports to the Senior Director of Revenue.
- Support revenue recognition practices in accordance with GAAP and SEC guidelines.
- Design and manage annual SSP studies.
- Ensure revenue accounting policies are applied consistently on a worldwide basis.
- Manage monthly/quarterly/yearly revenue close, SOX and audit compliance.
- Contribute to revenue forecast efforts and support accounts receivable management.
- Develop and maintain working relationships across Finance, Legal, Sales, Customer Service and other organizations involved in revenue process.
- Have sufficient competence and experience to challenge existing paradigms and discuss issues at high levels in the organization
- Participate in and/or lead company-wide projects that directly or indirectly impact revenue accounting.
- Manage the preparation of audit and quarterly review schedules for the audit testing of revenue and deferred revenue and sales returns reserves.
- Advise business partners in contract review and structuring process to achieve desired revenue outcome.
- Participate in/or lead ERP system projects that directly or indirectly impact revenue accounting.
- Mentor and lead team members in a way that enhances efficiency, effectiveness, and team work.
- Lead or assist in other ad hoc projects.
- CPA with at least 3-5 years of public accounting experience with one of the leading firms and 10- 15 years overall experience. Public company experience also required.
- Substantial working knowledge with multiple-element revenue recognition experience required.
- Substantial working knowledge of ASC606 required.
- Working knowledge of SSP and VSOE analysis required.
- Working knowledge of leading ERP systems required.
- Have confidence, analytical skills, good judgment, energy and personality to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies.
- A “down to earth”, no nonsense, detail orientated, team player who can motivate with a “hands-on, can do” attitude.